A San Francisco Bay Area Leader in Urogynecology
Dr. Heidi Wittenberg is recognized locally and nationally for her innovative surgical skills and commitment to improving women’s health.
“If your quality of life is affected by prolapse, leaking or retention, don’t assume that it is due to age. Get an assessment, get treatment, and then go enjoy your life.”
– Dr. Wittenberg
Dr. Wittenberg performed the first da Vinci robotic Sacrocolpopexy procedure for prolapse in San Francisco. She is frequently asked by other physicians to provide instruction on minimally invasive procedures, and is often referred to patients by other physicians for these specialized procedures.
Additionally, Dr. Wittenberg has the most experience in San Francisco with neuromodulation for urinary urgency, frequency, incontinence or retention. As a result, Dr. Wittenberg is in the vanguard of first generation surgeons to be board certified in Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery as of June 2013. Dr. Wittenberg is currently the Northern California Regional Specialist for Mesh Complications for Mayo Surgical.
- 2016 Bay Area ‘Top Doctor’ by San Francisco Magazine
- 2016 Castle Connolly ‘Top Doctor’
- One of the San Francisco and Bay Area’s ‘Best Gynecologists’ of 2015 in a peer nominated poll.
- One of Marin’s ‘Best Doctors 2015’ in a patient nominated poll.
- ‘415 Top Doctor’s by Marin Magazine
- UCSF Outstanding Resident Teaching Award for 2012-2013
- UCSF Outstanding Resident Teaching Award for 2013-2014
- 2011 Congressional UnSung Hero Award for her work with Operation Access
- Clinical Instructor for UCSF, 2008- present
- Director of Urogynecology Center of San Francisco
- Chair of Multidisciplinary Committee of Pelvic Physiology at California Pacific Medical Center
- New Technology Committees for GYN and the Hospital- California Pacific Medical Center
- GYN Quality Care Committee at California Pacific Medical Center
- Quality Assurance for Brown and Toland
- Treasurer of San Francisco Gyn Society
- Director of the Continence Center, Pacific Gynecology and Obstetrics Medical Group
- Founder and Director of the Comprehensive Pelvic Medicine & Continence Center at California Pacific Medical Center
- American Advanced Gyn Laparoscopy Society
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- American Urogynecology Society
- San Francisco Gyn Society
- San Francisco Medical Society
- Society of Laparoscopic Surgeons
- Society of Urodynamics, Female Pelvic Medicine & Urogenital Reconstruction
- Pacific Coast Obstetrics and Gynecology Society (PCOGS): Pacific Coast OB Gyn Society-Membership inclusive to those physicians who are known for their clinical expertise and leadership in obstetrics and gynecology.