Do I Need to See a Urogynecologist? Five Symptoms That Say ‘Yes’

A urogynecologist is a physician who is board certified in Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery. Urogynecologists are surgeons who specialize in the treatment and care of pelvic floor disorders, such as: Urinary and/or fecal incontinence Emptying disorders (bowel or otherwise) Overactive bladder Prolapse Pelvic pain Fistula Urogynecologists have additional education and training outside of…

Read More

Why Can’t I Hold My Pee? Learn about Urinary Incontinence

Urinary incontinence is quite common, especially among women. Many women (up to 95 percent) will experience the loss of bladder control during their reproductive years and through menopause. What are the different types of urinary incontinence? There are four main types of urinary incontinence: stress, urge, overflow, and mixed incontinence. Stress incontinence refers to an…

Read More